Yesterday Steven official graduated from Cub Scouts and crossed over into Boy Scouts. This means he has made it even further than I did when I was his age. He has worked very hard over the last two years to make it to this point and we are all extremely proud of him. Here are some pictures from the Blue and Gold Banquet:
After this the official cross over ceremony was performed. I don't have any pictures of it because it is a super-secret ancient Indian ceremony and even to describe it means death to any non-scouts. :) Actually a parent was required to participate in the ceremony so I couldn't snap any pics. I plan to get some from the other parents though, so I will post em as soon as I get em!
After the boys became Boy Scouts they presented a gift and flowers to Jenn, the den leader. Notice the change in the boys kerchiefs.
Steven holds up his new Boy Scout handbook.
The boys pose with the members of "The Order of the Arrow of Light". These were the Boy Scouts that received the boy's into the troop. Steven's first official meeting with his new scout troop is tonight. Great job Steven, keep up the hard work and you'll be an Eagle Scout before you know it!
No comments:
Post a Comment