25 October 2009
Fall Festivities at Ekert's Farm!
Last night we went out to Ekert's Farm to have some Halloween fun. Here are the pics from the night:
The view of St. Louis from the farm. Advice: Don't move to St. Louis.
Steven takes a John Deere for a spin around the farm. He wanted to drive the combine too, but a parent has to draw the line somewhere!
What's more dangerous than a 9 year-old driving a tractor? A 4 year-old! Hannah takes her turn in the drivers seat.
The first haunted house we came on wasn't that impressive. Unless you are afraid of wooden facades tied to bushes.
Steven gets ready for a twirl on the swings. There were lots of rides set up for kids all around the farm.
Hannah is finally smiling! When the swing started spinning I thought she was going to cry. I am mad I didn't get a picture of her face at that time. It went bright red with fear. But she got over it and was laughing by the time the swings stopped.
Hannah rides a pony. She did some barrel racing and bull roping too, but the pictures were too blurry to post ;)
Ponies were not exotic enough for Steven. He choose to ride "Billy" the camel. They had a kangaroo at the farm too, but I couldn't get them to let me ride it.
Steven and Hannah pose at the opening to the corn maze. The maze was not the best one I've ever been in. We got though it fairly quickly. Over all it was too corny for me.
Hannah got a job crop dusting. She can only dust one plant at a time in her tiny plane though.
No comment. ;)
We break for hot chocolate and hot cider.
When I took this picture we were waiting in line for the Haunted Hay-ride. It was so dark I had the flash on and the display on my screen was completely black. After I clicked the button, this is what appeared.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment