16 December 2006

A Visit With the Big Man

This year Santa came to our local safeway. He landed in the parking lot in a helicopter! Here is a short recap of the events leading up to our visit with "the man".

I force the kids to pose for some holiday magic making before we depart to see Santa. I let my military show when after this snapshot I informed Steven his "gig" line was not straight. He gave me a funny look and then ran for his shoes. That will be 1 demerit for leaving formation before dissmisal soilder!

Even Santa has red tape, although in his case it's probably red and green with sparkly snow flakes. As such we were forced to contend with an elvish assisant before we could get to the big guy. He may look young, but I was assured this "Master Toy Engineer, Order of Tinsel, Rank 5" was no less than 411 years old (They don't like to be called Toymakers any more, it's not politically correct)!

Hannah was reluctant to sit with Santa, however she cheered up right after this picture. She even gave him a high-five (just to ensure no coal makes it into her stocking)! Steven made sure the letters we mailed out last week got all the way to the north pole and reminded Santa of all the thousands of things he wants. Santa reminded Steven that there was only so much time in a year to make toys. Was our visit with St. Nick successful? I guess we'll find out Christmas day!


Merry Christmas and Happy holidays to everyone from all of us (Even the cat)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dan, thank you for keeping up these comments and pics of the kids! You have done a wonderful job with them, and it's great to see them so happy and healthy! Yall are in my thoughts and prayers! Take care!
-Beth-
(in Dallas, Sheila's former step-mom)